Seal-it® 520 PRIMER
Seal-it® 520 PRIMER is a high-quality, extra-durable adhesive primer for sealants and adhesives that is specially developed for porous surfaces/materials and that moisture-cures into a durable membrane.
- Specially developed as a durable adhesion promoter for porous surfaces, such as masonry, stucco, cellular and aerated concrete, natural stone, sand-lime brick, untreated wood, gypsum blocks and other absorbent materials.
- As a waterproof and moisture-proof primer for lasting protection of surfaces from moisture and water loads, to guarantee a strong and lasting bond/adhesion.
- Completely seal porous surfaces off from surface absorption.
- Can be used with sealants and adhesives based on silicone, hybrid polymer and MS-polymer® and polyurethane.
- Forms a highly durable, non-porous membrane to protect from moisture and water loads.
- Stops surface absorption and ensures excellent bonding.
- Secures hard-to-remove dust particles to the bonding surface.
- Easy to apply with a brush or roller.
- Fast-drying, ready-made 1-part primer that retains its transparency.
- Excellent resistance to UV, weather, water, moisture and ageing.
- UN-approved packaging, fitted with safety seal.
- Application temperature (ambient and surface) between +5°C and +35°C.
- Before use, shake and/or mix Seal-it® 520 PRIMER well so it does not form a homogeneous mass.
- Use a hard brush to remove any loose particles from bonding surfaces or other surfaces before applying Seal-it® 520 PRIMER.
- Bonding surfaces and other surfaces must be dry, clean, uncontaminated, grease-free, dust-free, compatible and stable.
- First use Seal-it® 510 CLEANER to degrease/clean greasy or contaminated surfaces properly before applying Seal-it® 520 PRIMER.
- Use a suitable brush or roller to apply Seal-it® 520 PRIMER evenly and not too thickly.
- If the sealant is not applied within the maximum drying time, you must sand off the old coat of primer and then reprime.
- After use, close the canister as quickly as possible, so the Seal-it® 520 PRIMER does not harden.
Standard product line
SI-XXX-XXXX-XXX = Article number.
Other colours and/or packaging on request.