Seal-it® 218 SILICON-CL
Seal-it® 218 SILICON-CL is a fungicidal and neutral-curing sealant that is available in many colours, for structural, glazing, façade and sanitary joints, that is based on silicone technology and moisture-cures into a durable rubber that retains its elasticity.
- Specially designed for projects that require joint seals in specific colours for aesthetic reasons.
- Fungicidal joint sealant in sanitary spaces and other spaces with plumbing fixtures, such as bathrooms, showers, toilet rooms, saunas, kitchens, cold storage units, slaughter halls and washing and laundry rooms.
- Seal connecting and dilation joints between building components made from concrete, stone, masonry, stainless steel, plastic, PVC, polycarbonate, steel, coated and anodised aluminium, wood, composite and glass in façade and interior structures.
- Top and bead seals for insulating and laminated glass, in accordance with NEN 3576/NPR 3577.
- Joint sealant for sections, window and door frames, panels, boards and other building components.
- Repair compound for glazing, sanitary, façade and other joints, based on silicone.
- Durable, retains elasticity, maximum movement capacity of 25%.
- Excellent adhesion and working properties, versatile.
- Neutral, low-odour, acid-free and non-shrink curing, CE-certified silicone system.
- For orders starting from 1 cartridge, fast delivery within a few working days, in all NCS and RAL colours.
- Meets requirements for intruder-resistant glass, in accordance with the Secure Home Police Label (the “Politie Keurmerk veilig wonen”).
- Fungicidal in accordance with ISO 846.
- Good resistance to discolouration, UV, weather, water, moisture, cleaning products and ageing.
- Non-corrosive to metals.
- Compatible in direct contact with PVB-laminated glass and edge seals on insulating glass.
- Free of solvents and organic plasticisers.
- Very low emission: certified VOC emission class A+.
- Application temperature (ambient and surface) between +5°C and +40°C.
- On stable, compatible, dry, clean, uncontaminated, grease-free and dust-free surfaces.
- Ensure proper joint dimensions, for proper absorption of any movements.
- Use a suitable brush to remove any loose particles from the surface.
- Degrease the surface properly using Seal-it® 510 CLEANER.
- Seal-it® 218 SILICON-CL adheres excellently to many surfaces. We recommend priming highly porous/absorbent/open surfaces with Seal-it® 520 PRIMER first.
- Use Seal-it® 550 FINISH to apply a smooth and tight finish, before skin formation.
Standard product line
Available in all NCS and RAL colours
SI-XXX-XXXX-XXX = Article number.
Other colours and/or packaging on request.
- EN 15651-1: F-EXT-INT-CC 25LM
- EN 15651-2: G-CC 25LM
- EN 15651-3: S-XS1
- EN 15651-4: PW-EXT-INT-CC 25LM
- VOC emission class A+