Seal-it® 226 SILICON-CS
Seal-it® 226 SILICON-CS is a high-quality, neutral-curing adhesive sealant that is particularly suited for expansion joints in construction, façades and glazing, is based on silicone technology and moisture-cures into a durable rubber that retains its elasticity.
- Particularly suited for sealing of expansion joints (dilation, connecting, mechanical and peripheral joints) between concrete, stone, masonry, stainless and other steel, coated and anodised aluminium, plastic, PVC, wood and glass in construction, façades and glazing.
- Joint seals in façades, floors, galleries, balconies, landings, terraces, staircases, storage rooms, parking garages, platforms, tunnels and roadway and bridge components.
- Apply a durable elastic seal at connections along windows, door and window frames, sections, panels, board materials, profiles, frames and prefab and other construction, façade and glazing components.
- Top and bead seals in glazing structures, in accordance with NEN 3576/NPR 3577.
- Repair compound for glazing, façade and construction joints, based on silicone.
- Ideal for sealing PMMA and polycarbonate sheet materials.
- Durable, retains elasticity, maximum movement capacity of 25%.
- Broad bonding spectrum, both porous and non-porous surfaces, without primer.
- Excellent workability, smooth application, full body, slow skin formation.
- Matt sealing surface, not glossy.
- Neutral, MEKO-free, acid-free and non-shrink curing, CE-certified silicone system.
- Non-corrosive to metals.
- Meets requirements for intruder-resistant glass, in accordance with the Secure Home Police Label (the “Politie Keurmerk veilig wonen”).
- Free of solvents and organic plasticisers.
- Very low emission: certified VOC emission class A+.
- Good resistance to discolouration, UV, weather, water, moisture, cleaning products and ageing.
- Compatible in direct contact with PVB film on laminated glass and edge seals on double glazing.
- Application temperature (ambient and surface) between +5°C and +40°C.
- On stable, compatible, dry, clean, uncontaminated, grease-free and dust-free surfaces.
- Ensure proper joint dimensions, for proper absorption of any movements.
- Use a suitable brush to remove any loose particles from the surface.
- Degrease the surface properly using Seal-it® 510 CLEANER.
- Seal-it® 226 SILICON-CS adheres excellently to many surfaces. We recommend priming highly porous/absorbent/open surfaces with Seal-it® 520 PRIMER first.
- Use Seal-it® 550 FINISH to apply a smooth and tight finish, before skin formation.
Standard product line
12 x 600ml foil pack
SI-XXX-XXXX-XXX = Article number.
Other colours and/or packaging on request.
- EN 15651-1: F-EXT-INT-CC
- EN 15651-2: G-CC
- VOC EMISSION CLASS A+